A question I always get from friends, family, and clients is what bars should I buy to snack on?
It has gotten quite confusing going to the store and choosing from at least a dozen different bars.
The first question I would ask is do you have any allergies?
The second question I would ask is do you have any dietary restrictions (kosher, vegan, vegetarian, etc.)?
The?quick and easy?way to tell which bar to choose is pick the bar with the?least?amount of ingredients and make sure you can?pronounce?each one.?Pay attention to the first ingredient because that has the highest % content in the bar
Avoid the following ingredients (these are just 5 common ones):
- Brown Rice Syrup (raises your blood sugar (high glycemic))
- Soy Protein Isolate (cheap and definitely NOT a high-quality protein)
- Sugar Alcohols ?(tough to digest and can cause gas, bloating, etc.)
- Agave Syrup (yep, has more fructose than high fructose corn syrup)
- Soy Lecithin (processed food additive that helps things stick together)
Bars I recommend:
LaraBar ? 6 ingredients ? Kosher ? Vegan ? Non-GMO ? Dairy Free ? Gluten Free ? larabar.com
Rx Bar ? 7 ingredients ???Non GMO?? ?? ??No Dairy?? ?? ???No Soy?? ?? ???No Gluten ? rxbar.com
Amrita Bars ? Solid ingredients ? Vegan ? Raw ? Gluten Free ? Soy Free ? Peanut Free ? Dairy Free ? amritahealthfoods.com
Youbars.com ? make your own bars! ?No excuses for bad ingredients?
Go Raw Bars ? 4-6 ingredients ? Organic and Sprouted (free of anything harmful) ? goraw.com
Hope this helps!