We are on the eve of a new NFL season and temptations of eating junk food while watching the games are abound!
Snacking on chips, M&M’s, popcorn, Pringles and Oreos are all popular choices 🙂
Even just driving to your friends house to watch the game we are bombarded by a Starbucks or McDonalds on every corner.
I just went to the Cubs/Brewers game on Labor day and found it very difficult to find anything healthy to eat at the game! Everything was either nachos, hot dogs and something with cheese on it.
Marketers know exactly how to tempt us to become sugar addicts because they know that sugar is as addicting as nicotine and even cocaine! 1
Not only do we get temptations while watching ball games but how about:
- At work and every other colleague brings in sweets to celebrate something!
- Going out to dinner – there is a desert menu along with a trey of six drooling desert options that get’s pushed in your face with a spoon ready to go!!
So how do we avoid all these temptations?
1. Don’t buy junk food for your house! This is one thing you have control over. If it’s not in the house it won’t be eaten 🙂
2. Chew gum when you are tempted. (have it ready)
3. Drink hot liquids for desert or to ride out hunger waves. (black coffee, peppermint tea)
4. Have a filling, satisfied meal so desert is not as tempting.
5. Bring your own healthy snack like almonds, pistachios, walnuts or an apple to work. (to avoid temptations)
6. Drink Water – Bring a big jug to work. Thirst is often confused with hunger.
7. Keep your mind busy or distracted – if you feel a craving coming on go for a walk or do work tasks.
8. Lastly, intermittent fasting has helped me and my clients really understand true hunger so temptations are a thing of the past.
Hopefully these tips can help you throughout the day!!
Go Bears!! 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!!
P.S. Join the Get Lean Club to get your questions answered and more tips to get your body back to what it was 10 years ago.