Being active is an essential part of living a healthy life and being a member of?The Get Lean Club.
No matter how active you are?recovery?could be as important as the activities that you do!??It is something I take pretty seriously with my body and I want to touch on some old and new ways that can help you become your best self.
For the most part foam rollers (myofascial release), nutrient timing, rest and good?sleep hygiene?will do the job when it comes to recovery.?But if you are looking for alternative ways to recover faster and feel better.?Here are 6 recovery strategies that could work for you…
- Cryotherapy – You are only in the freeze chamber for 3 minutes with the temperature going as low as -160 degree Celsius 🙂 Most the healing takes place when you are done in the chamber and all the blood will deliver oxygen and nutrients to areas that need repair. (that’s me somewhat enjoying cryo:))
- Cupping?- This is a Chinese medicine practice that places small glasses on the body to create suction on the skin and tissue.?Increases circulation and produces an anti-inflammatory response.
- CBD?-?Cannabidiol (CBD) may reduce post-exercise inflammation while also help promote sleep which is?essential in recovery.
- Infrared Saunas?- This type of sauna elevates tissue temperature, which can increase circulation to promote recovery.
- Float?Tanks?-?Imagine being buoyant in approximately 10 inches of water in a solution of 1,000 pounds of magnesium sulfate, otherwise known as Epsom Salts!?This can be used for stress, pain relief, immune function and muscle recovery.?This takes a bit longer with 60-90 minute sessions.
- Yoga?- The range of poses and positions can help?increase mobility, balance and quiet your?mind from everyday life.
Most importantly, listen to your body and find a recovery practice that will help you increase the quality of your workouts, recover faster and hopefully avoid injury!
Have a great day!
P.S.?Your digestive organs need to recover as well!?Just another reason to start using the?Simple Intermittent Fasting Journal!!