I get this question a lot from clients/friends and family…
“I just ate a healthy lunch but I am still hungry – What should I do?”
I ask – “Well…what did you eat?”
I got this answer from my cousin Josh – “Meatloaf, apple and rice”
Or this one from another client – “Sushi – salmon roll and spicy tuna roll”
“White rice is a highly processed carb which raises your blood sugar quickly and you have a quick sugar drop which makes you hungry again. There’s very little nutritional value or fiber in white rice”
So we made a simple change – Replaced white rice with quinoa, barley or amaranth (more fiber) and regarding sushi you can add avocado to it!
- The easiest way to get and stay full is to add fiber and healthy fats while eliminating – sugar, processed carbs, and bad fats, which are high in all things detrimental to your health!
I add avocado, hard-boiled egg, walnuts, beets and broccoli to my salad to help fill me up 🙂
Here are some more suggestions to fill up your tank 🙂
FILLING OPTIONS for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans:
- Grass fed red meat
- Organic butter from grass fed milk, organic cheese, high-fat organic dairy (avoid skim or low-fat)
- Organic Egg Yolks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wild Salmon
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts)
- Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, MCT Oil or Ghee
- Legumes (beans, peas, lentils)
- Quinoa , Barley or Amaranth
- Broccoli, Carrots and Beets
Also, drinking water during your meal and throughout the day helps you feel full as well.
It’s all about making small daily changes to move yourself and your health in the right direction!
Have a great weekend 🙂